shellymos - your story is so similar to my ds's at this point. He was very upset yesterday b/c he got his goody bag taken away (they had a birthday "party" in class). And of course, he reacted much different than the other student who got hers taken away - though thankfully it wasn't a full tantrum. For us, this is actually a good thing - that he's definitely being treated the same, which will help teach him more about consequences for his actions. Now I just have to work on Dad, who wants to punish him again for things he's already received punishment for... one is enough, unless it's a drastic issue.

As for us, DS got his 9 week report card last week - most of it was based on K stuff and not 1st stuff, since he was only in 1st for about a week of the first 9 week session. He got all 3s & 3+s (3+ is the highest "grade"). And got all S's on behavior, except 2. He got P's (I forget what exactly that stands for), but both were in self-control areas, which has always been hard for DS (i.e., patiently raising his hand instead of blurting out the answer).

And we're quite impressed with the things he has learned since moving up, and while there are a lot of things that are still "review" for him, the fact that there are new challenges is really working as a good balance for him. Socially, he's doing great (my biggest worry)!!!