Well I guess today is a bad day.

I just got a call from the school counselor. DS had a sub today and got written up. I'm not exactly clear on how things work but when they get written up there's one type that just involves the school and another type where they get the state involved. The sub did the one where the state is involved and as they were walking to the office he threw a fit.

The counselor said that she can't suspend him today because the principal isn't there so she's going to try and stick him in another grade for the afternoon just to see if he can behave for the rest of the day. She doesn't know what happened because she wasn't in the classroom but the form says that he was disrespectful and wasn't listening. She though it had something to do with him not wanting to walk in line.

I'm thinking about going pick him up. When I talked to him he was whimpering and kept telling me that he just wants to come home. He hasn't had any meltdowns like this so far this year (last year he did) which makes me wonder what exactly went on in that classroom.