Originally Posted by Grinity
In the long run, there may be something like PG/ADHD that is a seperate entity all on it's own.
Love and More Love,
Grinity

Interesting thought. I have a family member that is highly gifted....not sure what IQ is exactly. Anyhow, he has ADHD as well. I have often wondered where one ended and one started...sometimes it is hard to say which is a trait of which. Instead of doing homework assignments in college, he re-wrote the syllabus because there were mistakes. He always did things like this. He failed most of his classes and dropped out. He wasn't diagnosed or treated with ADHD until adulthood, he saw a commercial and realized that everything they described applied to him and went to see his doctor. Unfortunately now he suffers from depression as well because he wasn't treated for so long and hasn't been able to hold down a job, etc. It's a long story. But anyhow, he clearly has ADHD...but he is clearly gifted as well. He is able to spend long hours on projects...but gets distracted with elements and doesn't finish things often. He will go off on tangents constantly (in work, in conversation, in everything). Not sure how I got into this heartwarming story : ) I guess it just made me think about it. But while he does clearly have elements of hyperfocusing, because he is gifted I was never sure exactly whether it was a part of ADHD or giftedness.