Originally Posted by mom2twoboys
Everyone's been quiet around here recently.

Just been contemplating the meaning of life. Actually I have been quite busy with work, kids, and now jury duty. Yay. I have a conference for DS this afternoon that I am a little anxious about. He had been doing better overall with behavior but has had a rough week with little annoying behaviors and was the worst yesterday. His teacher said we will talk about it more at the conference...it is all quite annoying to me because it is only a 20 minute conference and I don't want to spend it talking about how he is immature in the classroom. I know he is a year younger than the other kids, I know that he does goofy things to keep himself ammused. Nothing awful but he just does dumb things (talks while the teacher talks, swings around on things, runs and slides in the hall)I would rather spend most of the conference finding out if they have actually been doing the things academically that they said they would do as it appears from what DS says that they have not been. Also I have generally seen a pattern between the work they give him and his behavior. We will see. hopefully it will be a positive meeting. I got to go to a birthday party with DS and some kids from his class the other day. He behaved fine there, but he didn't interact much with the other kids at all. They talked to him from time to time, and it seems like they like him but he is not all that interested. He did strike up conversation with adults a couple times, and a few times with a kid. He tends to act more goofy with people when he is not sure how to communicate verbally. When I ask him why he didn't talk much with the kids he said "I don't know what to say to them." He is not shy at all though. He has never been shy about anything. I think he just can't relate with the things that interest them. He does like being with the other kids though.