Originally Posted by shellymos
Originally Posted by Jamie B
Well this year is still getting worse.

The last two days he got notes home from the teacher. He's running and skipping in the classroom and constantly talking to himself. Today the teacher took most of his recess away and said he was better after that. He's now telling me that he doesn't like school anymore frown I was so optimistic about this year and as the days go by I get more and more negative. I feel like I'll never find a good fit for him.

So sorry Jamie. I don't have much advice but I feel your pain. DS5 is in first and is having a rough time following directions, listening etc. I don't think his behaviors would be that atypical in K, but they are much less forgiving in first so he has lost half of recess a few times, and all of it one day. I am discouraged but still hopeful. They haven't at all started challenging him academically but they have talked about pulling him out to work with him and doing other things. This week is the first full week so it's all pretty new. I think they really are trying but are just not used to a child like this, which is understandable.

Good luck! Keep us updated!
Today he had his weekly 90 minute enrichment class and he was so excited to go to school. I'm so glad that he at least has something to look forward to. He said it was during art and he was going to miss having art so I think I'll get some art supplies out when he gets home and let him make something.