Originally Posted by Kriston
People just gravitate toward him. (Adults and older kids as well as kids his own age.) He's also something of a homebody. (Yes, I know that's an odd combo!) He doesn't like to leave home if he can avoid it, even for fun things. So he'd be happy homeschooling, I suspect.

Wow Kriston - he sure sound like my DS9 at that age (the social thing carries through to now). The extroverted social homebody that is crazy good at math. Watch for a wild leap in reading! laugh

One thing I've found with homeschooling both my kids is they have each other. They both really "get" each other and now they are getting along really well. Since we aren't locked into DD's school schedule, we have more time to explore other social and academic opportunities outside the house. Both kids need tons of social stuff.

We are struggling with our co-op a bit. DD5 is actually a bit young (7+ HG+ boys are mostly served) and the kids haven't clicked with any kids in particular there this fall. And we have lots of other museums and homeschool programs available closer to us. We're debating what to do on that for this spring.

Good luck with your decisions! Very tough that asynchronous stuff. I consider both my kids very asynchronous.

Originally Posted by Kriston
His brother and a neighbor (not gifted) both HATED 1st grade, so DS5 is not excited about the prospect.

What is it about 1st grade? I know so many first graders, especially boys, that were generally miserable about it. And that's at all ends of the spectrum. Tough year for many kids.