Absolutely, shellymos...

And we had our teacher meet n greet today. It did NOT go very well, initially. I don't think that DS realized how many kids will really be at school. His class size is really small, which is good. But he knows no one in his class. He does not have a hard time making friends at all - but with us, his parents around, he plays the "shy" game. I know he was overwhelmed because he was not prepared. So I sat him down and explained to him what is going to happen, as far as going to his class first, what happens at lunch, when he has PE, and where he goes for that, etc... he left with all smiles and even asked for a Spirit t-shirt.

Whew. This is the ONE thing that keeps me from pushing for him to skip. He's not immature, and he makes friends easily, etc... but he has his OE moments for sure.

Oh, and his teacher was actually EXCITED for me to tell her that he's reading at least 3 grades above & doing math at least 1-2 grades above. When I told her if he starts to act up to challenge him (or feed him - lol), her eyes lit up. So I'm going to sit down and write her a short (I cannot overwhelm her now! LOL) note describing what we've been learning over the summer, etc... I know nothing about any of the K teachers at the school, but hopefully we got a winner.