I'm glad to read the updates. Keep them coming, please!

In that spirit, a quick update from us: things are pretty quiet. Socially, DS5 is happy. He says recess is his favorite thing about school.

It's clear that he's not being challenged at all in math. But he's not unhappy and we have time for afterschooling because it's only half-day K, so that's what we're doing. It seems to be okay for this year.

He's my kid who didn't read early and whom I suspect may have some sort of LD. His reading is improving, though I can't tell if that's because of K or because he's just ready now. My gut feeling is that it's because he's ready, but I don't want to sell K short. We're still lookng at getting vision therapy with our developmental optometrist.

So things are okay. Not great, but okay. I think it will be a decent year for him. I think his needs are being met sufficiently. I don't think this is the best year ever though, and I don't know that it will work for him next year, especially if he has an LD that the vision therapy works well on. Much will depend upon his reading and writing and if they blossom as his math has.

I feel like we're in a holding pattern. I worry that because he's not a very demanding kid in terms of challenge, I'm not doing enough.

*sigh*

Kriston