Jamie good luck. I think it's hard for readers who are stuck learning to read, I can see where it's confusing.

Well I irked DS6s teacher off. I sent an email trying to explain why I think he's struggling, I clearly asked for her suggestions because I don't think it's her as much as a poor fit, but I think I offended her. We had briefly talked about me picking him up early to do reading at home and I wanted to explain my concerns and look for other ideas.

I told her it's hard for a hands on kid who doesn't enjoy writing to not get the hands on stuff but to get the paperwork. I also mentioned that the structure is hard for him. He's refusing to do projects, he told me today he already is good at that stuff, I just want her to understand and I want to work with her. She told me being bored is no reason to not do projects and while I agree that he has to do things he doesn't want to his refusal is a sign of a problem and I want to deal with that. I'm hoping to meet with her this week. I want to make it a good experience for him and while he says he loves it I have concerns.