EastnWest - The appointment went OK. The play therapist asked me to talk about GD5 an then asked me some questions about how I handle certain situations. She seemed to like most of my answers but gave me suggestions for others. She basically does not seem to think GD has ADHD or anything but some "learned behaviors". She said GD was "one smart cookie" and "capable of a lot of things". Her goal is to try to help GD learn to "feel empowered to handle things for herself" including her current fears. She says GD may be one of those round pegs that won't really fit into a square hole (or something like that). She really thinks she would do better in a private school that would let her learn at her own pace. But Play Therapy seems to be a very slow (and expensive) process and it's yet to be seen if it will help any (at least with school). Neither DD or myself is sure this is going to make a difference but DD will take her again next week.

On another note though, we did find out this week that unknown to us, GD was given the Naglieri Non-Verbal Ability Test just a few days after the other kids took it and her results will come in with the other kids from her school. Not back yet. It will be interesting to see how she did on this first screening test.

This week she got in trouble for saying the answers to tests out loud. Don't know why she did that. DD says maybe she thought if she gave the other kids the answers, they could finally move on! I looked at the math curriculum for the rest of the year and it's a joke! And her teacher hasn't even given reading assessments for her class yet. Just glad there's only one week left before Christmas break.

I was sorry to hear that your new school does not look promising so far - hopefully they'll do some differentiation for your son. Wish GD's school would.