Sorry for the late reply, but count me in!

DS5 will be starting K in the local public school in a few weeks. We requested a skip to 1st grade, but the policy here is that they must start in the grade they would normally start in (by age) and then they will assess and move up as appropriate.

I am completely stressed out about the upcoming school year! The school, so far, has been completely wonderful! I just spoke to the teacher who is coordinating my son's education plan, and she said that a team of people will be meeting the week before school to go over the plan, provide input, etc. Then they want to meet with me to go over the plan. I'm a bit nervous to see what they have come up with, but I think they really "get" my son, so hopefully it will be challenging for him.

The real wildcard is DS himself! We've had various behavior issues with him, which I hope won't continue this year. So, things will be very interesting. Ah! The number of gray hairs on my head grows by the day....

I look forward to hearing how everyone is doing this year, and wish everyone a successful school year!