Originally Posted by mom2twoboys
Originally Posted by Jamie B
My son's gifted teacher has been writing me about how he gets "tired of sitting" and can't focus during his 90 minute enrichment each week. This is what they did in his last class. Now while it might not look big my child has never, ever liked to color and it's like a chore for him. This is the kind of thing they do every week and I can see why he doesn't want to sit there and color a huge sheet of paper. Last year the teacher he had did logic puzzles and games with them and had no problems.

This is from Thursday:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/jba8280/Picture.jpg

Did the teacher write the words and he had to copy them? How odd. I think the appropriate response to the gifted teacher is something like, "I know it seems odd since most kids his age love to color, but DS really responds better to work that doesn't involve crayons. Maybe his gifted teacher from last year has some suggestions of what she did with him last year as those seemed to alleviate any behavior issues you're experiencing?"

It's always amazing to me how little teachers communicate year to year as kids move from one person to the next.
Yes, the teacher wrote them and he traced them. He has gifted again on Thursday so I guess I'll write her a note. From what I've seen I think she does the same enrichment class for all of the gifted kids that she services in a week so I doubt that she'd change it just for him.

His teacher was just a fill in last year because the real teacher was out sick. I think that she works in another district.