Originally Posted by shellymos
There were several disconcerting statements such as "boredom is a choice." and "we are not required to meet the needs of a profoundly gifted child" and so on.

Boredom is a choice! My mum used to use that one whenever I was moping around going - I'm bored. At home - fair enough we always had books to read and games to play but in the school environment it's not as if you can just wander off and pick up a book of your choice (although DS used to do this on a regular basis and when I got to school I was met with "Tigger chose not to take part in class today and just sat in the reading corner with a book"!)- but generally they are expected to comply and join in with the class so how can it be a choice!

And as for not being required to meet the needs.... eh - I thought it was law that the education needs of all children be met (including PG)

Hope it gets better - it did for us, we moved school where they at least try to meet his needs.

But they must have had a slack day today, (which is ok it is the last day of term) as DS has come home and got stuck into one of his computer games(gives questions on school curriculum based topics in reward for games - he skips the games to do more questions, sad kid LOL)