Originally Posted by Kriston
Update on my DS5: he is starting to talk negatively about K. *sigh* I'm encouraging him to talk specifically about what's bothering him even as I tell him that school is not optional and remind him that he has been telling me he's having a good time. So what's changed? It's not an easy balance. I don't want him to give up for no reason. But I also don't want him to be in an ill-fitting situation. And I don't want my concerns to influence how he feels about school. It's hard!

We're dealing with this too. I hear more along the lines of "the only good parts are recess and lunch." Oh - and the pretty curly-haired girl. smile [Have I mentioned my major coup in getting her in the class because she was the only thing he liked about preschool?] Since this is the first full week, I'm letting all this slide for awhile. The kid has never done anything for 6 hours, so there's a big adjustment.

So Kriston - surely you must be getting over your GT denial with DS2? wink

Shellymos - I'm sorry to hear about the troubles. But the good news is that they sound like they want to help. I hope the pullouts work out.