I'm afraid I'll jinx things by posting this, but we are also very lucky because things are starting to work (at least for the past week they have). The first month and a half of school has been a roller coaster in terms of DS's behavior. The teachers used this period to try to get to know him and figure out how best to work with him. The week before last DH and I met with the school team, and they provided us with our son's new schedule. He is now working one-on-one with the GT teachers for math and reading, and spends the rest of the time with the K class. Because of social issues, we won't be moving him to 1st grade at this time, but they are more than challenging him academically. This past week has been the first full week of school where he did fairly well with his behaviors. Hopefully it's because his new schedule is having a direct impact on his behaviors. I'm very hopeful. If you asked him during the first month and a half of school what his favorite parts of the day were, he would always say, "Recess, lunch, and center time." On Friday, DH asked him, and he said that math and reading were his favorite parts of the day. Yay! Keeping my fingers crossed that this continues....