I think it would be good to email her Kriston. Teachers need those "keep up the good work" comments. Of course that reminds me of when I told DS's teacher that I was really happy she had given DS some double digit multiplication and about how excited he was when he told me about it. That was awkward because it apparently never happened and he made it up as it was something he wished could have happened. He had never made up stories like that before so I was shocked. Boy was I confused and embarrassed in front of a group of people in a meeting when I excitedly told her about it. I was trying to be positive. Oh well. But now she does give him double and triple digit multiplication for homework so we have made much progress. : )

DS5 told me yesterday that he was talking to his teacher and told her how he likes to do algebra. He said that she was surprised by that when he told her. I was glad he felt comfortable telling her that. He loves for me to give him verbal algebra problems when we are driving in the car. His class is still doing tally marks. They have been working on tally marks for almost 2 months. I am shocked as I had no idea that tally marks was such a big deal in life. Although I used them today for something at worked and laughed to myself as I used them. I am so thankful that they agreed to not have him do that homework. I am betting he still does a lot of that stuff in the classroom but we are working on it. They definitely allow him to skip some of it and go on his computer program instead during math and reading. That is a great step in the right direction.