Originally Posted by hkc75
I would love to add to Grinity's list:

How about hours upon hours building with Legos, looking at rocks, doodling math problems, fishing, or gathering seeds.

Does that fit?
Thanks.

OMG. Hours upon hours of Perler beads; hours upon hours building with Legos. Before the Lego discover at age 4, hours upon hours of doing puzzles, including doing them cardboard side up to make them more challenging. Collecting every shiny rock on the school playground and bringing them home for months. And now, license plates. First, mapping them. Then, writing them all down over and over during the summer (always starting fresh once all 50 states had been found). Looking them all up on Web sites. Now, making me take photos of the unusual license plates we find. Demanding that we drive through all the levels of parking garages just to look at the license plates. Asking to eat cheese, cheese and more cheese, breakfast, lunch and dinner.

"Hyperfocus" completely and utterly describes DS7. I've always called him "singularly focused." And really, none of my friends have a kid like this. It's so nice to hear someone else describe what I've been living with for 7 1/2 years!

How do you all handle it?