We have conferences today. I have a lot to talk about with the teacher.

In case you guys didn't see my other post I'll give you a short summary. DSs behavior reports from class seemed to be good for the last two weeks or so. He was only getting in trouble for blurting things out (and once saying a bad word...I have NO idea what that was about!) and talking during nap. Before he even started the school I made sure to talk to the principal about nap. It's always been a problem. He won't sleep and he gets bored and likes to wake his friends up. She promised me that they'd find something else for him to do during naptime.

A counselor went in to observe him because of the teacher suggesting that he might have ADD and she said that she saw no issues at all. She said that the teacher even told her that she's more concerned about him not watching where he's walking and getting hurt than she is about his behavior in class.

Last week I called the school and went by to try to talk to the principal about moving him up to first grade. I tried doing this Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. She was never in. They wouldn't even take a message the last time I called. They said that she was out sick and whatever I needed I could talk to the teacher about. That day I went in to pick DS up from school early and she was there in the office looking quite healthy. Then on Friday (the next day) DS comes home with a write up for bad naptime behavior, a really bad conduct grade and a behavior plan where he gets a certain face for every activity that they do. The last time I went in to talk to the teacher she said that she doesn't believe in behavior plans and doesn't think they work. That along with this seeming to come out of the blue really concerns me. I want to talk to the counselor about it that went in to observe him but she's out sick.

Looking at the behavior chart you can clearly see that he gets in trouble during math, storytime and nap. That to me suggests even more than he's getting in trouble when he's bored.

I'm so upset about all of this that I'm not even sure what to ask the teacher. I know that now that he's on a behavior plan my requests to move him to first grade will certainly be met with a "NO". I wish I'd have gotten to talk to the principal before the teacher implemented this. DS said he has no idea why he's on a behavior plan or what it even is.

Sorry this turned into a novel!

Here's a link to his behavior plan:
http://imgur.com/e3fSb.jpg

Last edited by Jamie B; 10/27/09 10:04 AM.