I agree it's hard to believe kindergarten is almost over already! For us, it really couldn't have gone any better. DS started at age 4.5 in a really small class and was subject accelerated in all core subjects, doing 3rd and 4th grade language arts work and 2nd and 3rd grade math. He had a great teacher who patiently worked through his perfectionist meltdowns to get him to the point where he's now writing/spelling constantly, without tears. He's also made huge leaps in math and seems to have more mental energy than ever. I feel like a great parent for having had the courage to start him early in a nontraditional school, but I doubt I would have had the foresight to do it had it not been for this forum!

Fortunately, our school is K-12, so the future is looking good. Next year, DS will be in a multi-age progressive primary classroom that combines grades 1 and 2. He'll have individualized instruction again, be in a class with kids his age and 1-2 years older, and have the same teacher for two years, which all sounds good. In short, we seem to have hit the jackpot!