not sure if I should start a new thread for this question but since it is still related to K, here it is.

backround
From Ruf's levels and reading over the years I am guessing my ds5 is MG. Also possible he is bright ND. In the big picture, either one is fine with me.

In the context of his new school. I am wondering a lot about how it will go.
bright ND: could go fine. might be some boredom but balanced with a short day/extracurr/afterschooling he'll be fine.
MG+: frustration, acting out, hiding abilities...

I am thinking out loud here but I guess what I am saying is. It could be fine, or it could be terrible, whether he is GT or not. I just don't see the K classroom environment he is in supporting any 5 year old's growth and development. Maybe I am biased from Montessori, or maybe I am just biased period, but my belief that learning should be tailored to the child is just counter to the PS set up.

We are in the middle of planning a move so this is the option we are stuck with for now.

OK. now that I have processed a bit, here is the
question.
Can the parents with ND or MG kids who went to K and did fine please tell me that I am making too much of this? I should just relax and see how it goes right?

thanks,

EW