Originally Posted by Kriston
I'm doing my best to hold off on worrying until after testing, E&W. Not that testing doesn't have it's own potential pitfalls...(1)

Do you have ideas about what to do for your DS if the school situation he's in now is not a good fit, whether advocacy, another school, or homeschooling?(2)

That's where I'm at: keeping my options open. I'm watching and staying positive about the school situation as it is, even as I consider other options in case it doesn't go well.(3)

...But then I also worry that I'm being paranoid, and he's just a normal kid. I don't want to be one of "those" moms. eek (4)

short replies. more later
1- true. when will you test? we will probably wait until closer to 6 yrs, late winter early spring.
2- we are on the wait list for charter public school that is very near current school. philosophy incorporates NVC (nonviolent communication) and borrows from montessori and waldorf they do not teach reading in K (but won't squelch a kid who is reading already). that is loooking very appealing right now. so much to learn about science,nature,culture etc. why emphasize reading, which I'd rather him do at his own pace anyway? more natural.
we are trying to move in the next few months. have alreay researched the situation where we are going. more on that later
3&4- me too! ha!