So I guess I'm caught up now.

I'm getting more and more anxious about this year as time goes on. DSs behavior is getting worse and he tells me that he doesn't learn anything. I don't think it'll be long until he starts asking me to teach him at home like he asked almost everyday last year.

Saturday was family day at school where we went to the K classrooms and they had educational activities for the kids. Last year DS was the kid that was always blurting things out and getting into trouble for it and I noticed at Family Day he'd sit in the way back and not participate. I think that it's all so boring to him he's just checked out.

They won't consider moving him up for reading until after Christmas (even though they said that they would) because he's "fidigity". He got in trouble the other day for not doing his worksheet correctly. He said that he had read the instructions to himself and did it and then when he was done just wanted to do something else so he was making up his own instructions to have something to do.

I'm still trying to stay optimistic but it gets harder and harder each day.

All of that being said can you guys recommend some workbooks that I can do with him at home? Up until now I have taught him at home but I've held back because I didn't want him to be bored. I've now realized that no matter what I teach him he'll always be bored so why not give his brain some stimulation.

I don't know if I should go over the teacher's head and talk to the principal about my concerns or give the teacher another few weeks and see what happens.