DSs gifted teacher called me today. She said she can't make the meeting on Monday but really wanted to talk to me. She said that she's been teaching gifted for over 30 years and has seen many gifted kids and that his problems with focusing are very troublesome. She said that she can't tell me to take him to a doctor but that if she were me she would. She didn't mention him jumping around and stuff like his teacher though. She said that the slightest thing makes him completely lose his train of thought. She said they were coloring a whale today and he had to get up three times to walk around so that he could focus again.

I think that I'll take him to another doctor. His pedi saw him but doesn't specialize in that so I guess I need another opinion. I've noticed it at home and I thought it was bad but he's my only child so I didn't have any other kid to compare it to.

The one problem is that his dad (who I am no longer married to) is against any kind of doctor visit about his behavior. Originally he was mad that I even got him tested for gifted because he just wants him to be a "normal" child. He doesn't even want to meet the teacher about his behavior because he thinks that it's something that DS will just grow out of. I know that if I tell him that I talked to the gifted teacher and what she said he's going to flip out.