GD goes to the public school in our district. When DD can afford her own place, she will move into a different school district but no guarrantees that will be better. There is a magnet program in the general area, but we are out of district and it's doubtful we could get in - also a long drive away. There again, no guarantees. There is a private school for the gifted I would be willing to drive her to, but it is VERY expensive. Also, you have to pay to be screened for entry and pass certain tests etc. I have suggested to DD if things don't get better, she go tour the school and talk to them about GD. Knowing her LOG would probably help with the decision. I sometimes wish I had the parental standing to do more myself, but I know DD will do all she can. Neither one of us has been sleeping well lately. If we can get GD's emotional reactions improved, maybe we can find an educational solution. The schools don't seem to be willing to consider how boring every day is to her and how that might contribute to her behavior.

She's had a couple of good days until today - based on her daily conduct reports, but at least no meltdowns or office visits for a week now. Will let you all know how things go.

Thanks for the expressions of support - means a lot.