Day one of first grade went well for DS5. He said it was "GREAT" and went into much more detail then I expected about playing tunnel tag in gym, his detailed description of lunch and some of the playground equipment...and a "strange experience" he had today when he didn't know where his class was. He said that he was throwing away his lunch and he turned around and they were all gone. He said he wasn't sure where his class was so he wandered around a bit and then asked someone where D-3 was (thank goodness for his great memorization of numbers and info) and they pointed him in the right direction. And the teacher sent me an email. Apparently they were doing construction and just got computers the night before school started. So all is well and things seem good after day one. I have decided to never ask DS if he learned anything for a little while until they start accelerating things in the class. I think he should see that school is about fun and socialization and that way he won't be disappointed. Plus he learned a cool game in gym today. Hopefully they can accelerate him eventually and he may learn some academic things as well.