Hello everyone. I have not posted for awhile. It is so encouraging to hear about the different K experiences.

DD4 is starting K tomorrow. She had her assessment over the summer. Everything seemed to be going well. We met the teacher and she seemed nice. She mentioned that she needed to touch base with the GT teacher to get information on DD.

When we met her again her whole demeanor had changed. She told me that she was expecting her social and emotional skills to be less mature because of her age, which I do not believe that they are. DD has always been grouped with older children and does fine. She corrected DD several times in my presence and talked to me about how social and emotional development are so important. She also told me that she wanted DD to stay in her class all the time instead of going in the pull out program for the first month.

This is very different that what we were expecting. I am confused because she was so nice the first time we met and so different this time. It is too late for me to get in touch with anyone tonight, but I do not feel comfortable sending DD and her first day is tomorrow.

Also DD4 is pretty far beyond the K curriculum now and I am very concerned about her staying engaged. She did not answer the teachers questions in accordance to her ability during the teacher assessment and I could tell DD was a little confused by the change in this teacher compared to last time we met her.

My DH and I are unsure what to do now after going through early entrance and everything we did to try and find a good fit. I am feeling pretty discouraged.