Hello everyone, It is getting harder for me to get on here lately. It is great to hear about all the Kindergartners, and I do read the posts when I can.

I wanted to suggest the book the Edison Trait for thinking about ADHD. I think the part of the book talking about divergent and convergent thinkers would be worth reading. I think children who are gifted or highly gifted and tend to have a more divergent thinking style could appear to share some ADHD traits and might easily be misdiagnosed. Also it seems that many school settings are geared for convergent thinkers making these ADD type traits stand out even more.

I wanted to give an update on DD4 who started K this fall. I was pretty skeptical at first as I did not have positive school experiences. DD seems to be enjoying Kindergarten. The teacher seems to have warmed up to her a lot and the school staff seem to like her a lot.

I still have not met the GT coordinator. I know DD met her but at this point the teacher wants to wait and let DD get used to the class before she has any other accommodations. The teacher differentiates and DD seems to be happy. She is in half day K and she is meeting other children so I guess for now it is okay. I hope that once we have a meeting we will find out more about how things will work for her.

She is early entranced but she is going to need more especially in language arts. I have not heard any sort of plan for that other than that for reading groups she would go with the GT coordinator. It is early in the year and I do not know what to expect or how much I should ask for at this point.