I just started back to work outside the home, so I haven't had much time to visit here. I hope everything is going well for everyone.

I have some pretty decent news. DH and I went to our very 1st parent-teacher conference tonight. I'll give a few highlights.

1. The DT (Dear Teacher, because I really like her) said that she would notify the librarian of DS5's reading level (he's been bringing home some super easy books) and she will also pick out some of her own chapter books to send home. Turns out she used to teach 4th grade, so I think she'll send some pretty good books.

2. The DT said there is a girl in the class who seems to be an intellectual peer to our DS. I happened to be volunteering once and heard her read, and she's definitely a very advanced reader. The gifted coordinator (GC) from the 3-5 school is going to come to our k-2 a couple times a week to work with them.

3. Since the GC won't be able to be there every day, we mentioned the EPGY open enrollment to her. She thought it sounded great, and is going to check into logistics. If it works out, DS5 would be able to do online EPGY while the class is learning basic math/reading.

I know I'm forgetting some things, but those are the highlights. I'm happy. Did I mention I really like DT?