It's good to hear everyone's updates - I'm glad that a lot of you have had positive experiences at least in part. GD5 has been in full day (8:15-3:15) Kindergarten since August. I really think 1/2 day K would have been so much better for her. We are still waiting for the results of the Nalieri screening test for GT. She has had no accommodations as far as we can tell in class. Last Friday she apparently read a "hard" story for her teacher who bragged on her and the asst. principal had her read for her too. But only heard about it from GD & that's the only time (may have been part of an end of semester reading assessment?). DD asked AP & the above was all she said except she enjoyed listening to her read.

GD not as much a mathy though way ahead of K curriculum. A couple of recent positives are she is finally starting to write some with a little less resistance and she hasn't been to the office lately though they still think she should fit into the little box (not be argumentative, not have such intense interest in animals, act like the other kids...).

Trying to get DD to at least visit some other schools though the expense & distance would make them difficult. I really hope 1st grade isn't worse than Kindergarten though I fear it's possible. Maybe things will get better.

She does have several friends at school so socially things are OK - grateful for that at least.