Thanks for the encouragement ladies.

They're talking about pulling him from first grade math because of the focus problems. I am going to tell them I want to keep him there and work on it, I know this will likely always be a problem for him and I think it's better to face it now instead of just sending him back to kindergarten and putting him where he isn't learning. I do think they mean well and want to see him succeed but I think they view things differently.

The school only offers all day kindergarten but we're talking about me bringing him home early. I think the teachers theory is we'll work on the work they do at school, only at home, but I could have misunderstood as the conversation was brief. My plan is to cut some of the worksheets which I think are taxing him and add in some hands on science activities which I know he misses. I expect we will be working this out in the next week or so.

My son is sick today and I think that contributed to his behavior, I fear he's already seen as the bad kid. He is impulisive and lacks focus but I'm seeing I made it worse with the school choice.