renie1 - I hope you have luck getting library books that are at your daughter's reading level.

JamieB - how did your conference go??? I hope it went well.

Today was a bit better for DS, although he did have a problem in PE. My head is spinning with this roller coaster ride. I know that since my son is very asynchronous, some of his issues are social, and the school is working with him on that (e.g., his use of personal space, being aware of the kids around him). Some of the problems stem from his very strong-willed personality, and he at times will be very defiant, and not follow directions, or be disruptive (silly) if it is something that he doesn't want to do. It's crazy. Sometimes I don't know what to make of it. I talk to the teacher yesterday and get a laundry list of behaviors that he did, so it wasn't a good day. But yet, when I went into school today to volunteer, the teacher tells me he has really improved a lot since the first day of school, it's like he's a different kid. So my head is spinning. He did have improvements today over Monday, so I'm hoping the week is a steady improvement. It's just a bummer because last week was so great. And so it goes...