Irisheyes and JJsMom -

Thanks so much! smile

It turned out to be good and not so good.

the good - one of his best buddies from preschool will be attending the same school, and ***drumroll*** they are assigned to the same teacher! What a huge relief on that front. both boys are going to be so excited. laugh Hopefully, they won't be too excited. we may have just lost the advantage that your son had JJsmom. wink

now the not so good - I am very disheartened by the class itself. The teacher seems nice enough, but the set-up seems so demoralizing! what is with the expectations! Why do they have to color in the lines? Why does a 5 year old need to know how to write a sentence with correct capitalization and spaces between each word? Why is there only one teacher for 25 kids? (not inclduing the morning aid and parent volunteers) Why is there no music, PE, etc. unless the parents' fund raise? When will their individuality, spontaneity, and instincts be nurtured? Well, I guess I know the answer to that one: un-after schooling at home!

My DH says I need to relax. it is only a few hours a day...
He is right. I guess I have an ideal in my head that will have to wait to be realized.

thanks for listening...

EW

Last edited by EastnWest; 08/25/09 11:18 AM. Reason: word choice