That's so great SPG!
Originally Posted by st pauli girl
They are expecting him to breeze through the compacted curriculum, and they said that the program they have goes through 6th, so it should be OK for awhile. smile

LOL, hopefully that will last until next year, right? : ) It's amazing how they can breeze through stuff. I think that is why DS's school has been hesitant to actually do a curriculum for Math with him this year. They give him some algebra, they give him some geometry and perimeters here and there. They do all sorts of stuff, but I think the thought of using their curriculum scares them as they know how many years ahead he will be and aren't sure what to do. At the meeting we had last week they said that they weren't sure what to do if they gave him 4th/5th grade curriculum even though they fully admitted to giving him that work and it being right at his level. Very strange. I think they will be assessing him in the spring and will then start doing a curriculum. We will see. Right now they are looking into options for next year and beyond. I do feel good about things so far, although DS only gets 45 minutes of enrichment for math per week. And he gets his computer program. He gets a couple hours reading enrichment too now.

Anyhow, my point was to say CONGRATS and glad that school is going well for him. : )