Two school meetings to report:

First one was yesterday, not really a meeting, but DS and I went to the open house at school, so he met his teacher and saw his classroom. He was more than happy to play with magnets she had (creating various tetrahedrons and other odd shapes). smile It was really chaotic, however, because all the parents were coming in at the same time, so we left. DS seemed to like the classroom and the teacher, so, good start so far...

Second meeting was this morning, I met with 2 teachers, the principal and asst. principal. The goal of the meeting was to go over the plan they had come up with for my son. I am so happy, so blessed, to say that the meeting went very well! smile The plan they came up with is a starting point, and they say it will evolve as they get to know my son. For reading, they will be grouping him with several other children who also happen to be reading in his Kindergarten class. For math, they will be starting him off in 3rd grade, and he will actually go to the 3rd grade classroom for instruction. They will also add some of the GT curriculum enrichment activities to his schedule once he's been there for a while and they figure out the best place to put it in his schedule. Again, I can't believe how willing and flexible they seem to be - it's night and day compared to our school experience last year. They'll also be keeping a close eye on his social/emotional behavior, which is fine with DH and me. So all in all, really good news on our front, and hoping that it continues to be good when DS starts school next week. (After last year, we could use a better year!)

Now if I can just get through the first day and the fact that DS will be riding on the bus.....