Just a quick update here. I met with the teacher and she said that she sees focusing issues and the gifted teacher told her that that's not because he's gifted but that in her research she's read that gifted kids can mimic the signs of ADD. Score 1 for the teacher for doing some research. That made me really happy.

She said that I can bring in worksheet pages and that she'll get some of the 1st grade textbooks for him to use in class. She moved him to a desk close to the wall so that not as much can distract him. She did say that he has a lot of trouble finishing his work but that yesterday when he knew I was going in for the meeting he did 3 days of work that he had to catch up on so that makes me think that he CAN focus when he wants to which seems like it'd be hard for somebody with ADD to do.

Today I sent in the worksheets and I actually got some back that he did! I was so excited that at least for now she's doing what she said. He told me that during nap time she sat with him and gave him quizzes (which he seemed to love) on his letters and numbers.

I talked to a counselor at the school board and the counselor at his school is supposed to go into his classroom and talk to the teacher about what his scores actually mean and how gifted he really is. She's also going to observe him for a few days and see what she thinks. The lady I talked to today said not to schedule a doctor appointment for him yet but to wait and see what they observe. She told me that there's so much that they can try with him before I need to bring him to a doctor.

Today I'm feeling positive about school!