There are a lot of kids starting K on this forum. DD4, turns 5 end of Sept, is going to the Jesuit school. They will accelerate, but that is only after they are there. I am not worried about that -- figured DD will tell the teacher she is bored enough times. But I am focused on extra-curricular like the piano and the mandarin to fill in.

I also see the mix in her brain. A few days ago, she turns to me and says 3X3+3 is 12. But if I gave her an equation, she might just look at it. She was calculating how many weeks of swim camp she had. She did 2 sessions of 2 weeks each, then broke for oceanography and tennis, and is doing another session of swim camp. She is walking along and figures it out.

Based on the research, the full IQ isn't known until around approx 7 right, or really until after the puberty development. So I want to feed her needs on several levels, just not the math and reading. She can do that at advanced levels. But if I give her Mandarin lessons and the piano, it will do the synapse thing in other areas, and give her extra skills in the increasingly competitive world.