good luck Nikita!

And m2gts - at least if they have all the educational plans and whatnot on file for your DS, the "new" school will have them for their records.

And I just got off the phone with DS5's K teacher - they had already begun the process of acceleration to 1st last week (before I even emailed her asking what DH and I can do to help keep DS challenged this year). Of course, that was just her talking to the Principal and the Guidance Counselor and Target (gifted) teacher. He took his first round of tests today (more of a let's see where he really is type thing), and I will be given the forms to fill out/sign for her this afternoon to approve the rest of the process!!! It's a 4-6 week process, but that would get him into 1st grade prior to the first 9 week session ending.

The best part of my conversation with his teacher, besides that she recognizes he's smarter than the average kindergarten bear, is that she mentioned IF he doesn't accelerate, she has already sat down and worked on looking for things to keep him challenged throughout the rest of the year.

And a funny - my biggest issue with whole grade acceleration has been his maturity level. The first thing out of her mouth is that she has recognized that his maturity level is above level as well (so Mom, it's only with you that he acts crazy!!!).

*sigh*