Hi folks,

Just needed a friendly place to vent. DS6's report card was due out on 2/3. Alas, that was a snow day around here. DS8's report card finally made it home on 2/5. Still no report card for DS6. So, then, we got the snowstorms to beat all snowstorms here in the D.C. area. So, no school for a week, followed, FINALLY by a return today. And, you guessed it, still no report card. I emailed the teacher tonight, so hopefully it will show up soon.

This wouldn't bother me so much if I weren't waiting to schedule a P-T conference with the teacher for after the report card is in my hands. He's coming home with K sight words even though his first K teacher told me he needs 2nd grade words. And I'd like to talk about his reading b/c I've seen another jump at home and he's now reading 3rd grade books here. He keeps telling me that he doesn't read at school. I can't imagine that's the case, but seems odd that he keeps saying it. Plus, with a week off, he was NOT happy about returning today. He's also been moved off green on the behavior chart occasionally (he keeps it secret, so I don't know how much). I'm wondering if he's starting to find school too boring. Sigh.

Too many questions. Too few answers.