Of course after talking to the principal on Wednesday I haven't heard anything back yet. DSs behavior continues to get worse and he complains that he's bored still.

Another thing that I've noticed that I don't like at all is some regression. When he reads the books that are sent home for homework he sounds out every single word where before he was reading fluently. When he reads other books he does just fine but I guess the teacher is making them sound the words out (dog, sad) and it's causing confusion for him. They're also working on patterns and he's been able to do patterns in his head since he was a baby. Now they have to do some sort of clapping/letter thing (I'm not sure how to explain it) to figure out what comes next in the pattern and that's throwing him off. When I tell him not to do that he does just fine.

In the books they bring home from school there is a teacher part that the teacher reads and a part they are supposed to read. I guess the teacher told them that they were to only read the kid part so when I asked him to read the teacher part to me he got nervous and told me that his teacher said that was for adults to read. I did send her a note and she told him that it was ok if he read it but I just don't like what I'm seeing at school frown