Wow, just found this thread a week ago and finally caught up to today. How wonderful to hear the successes and frustrating to hear of the struggles. It is nice to hear others dealing with the same issues. I mentioned to another dad at a birthday party how DS6 is complaining about being bored in K and he said we told our DS that K is for fun not learning. My son was so excited to go to school and learn at the beginning of the year. Now he says he knows everything the teacher tells him and it's boring. At least he is in the advanced math group and is in a reading group with one other boy, but the week's homework is so easy he can finish it in 15 to 20 minutes. We are really worried that when he is actually presented with a challenge he won't know what to do. Lately when he is asked to do anything near his level, he just says it's too hard. We recently had him assessed at CTY and are going to meet with his K teacher again to discuss his progress and the possibility of a grade skip to second in the fall. His latest report card indicates he is P (the highest) in almost all areas except a couple of social areas (playing well with others, waiting his turn). On the CTY form, the teacher indicated that he tends to zone out when not challenged and has some behavioral problems, but nothing of significant concern. She also said that he sometimes acts like he feels superior to the other students. Not a desirable characteristic, but understandable given his level compared to the other students in his class. I really don't want him to think he is the smartest thing around because there are plenty of kids smarter than him. I just want him in a class where he can have peers that are more on his level. We are also working on applying to a magnet program, but admission is test and lottery based for out of boundry students and based upon the attendance at the open house I went to chances are slim. The test is next weekend and we haven't discussed it with him yet. Well just wanted to say hi to the group and empathize with those of you who are struggling.