Originally Posted by LMom
Kriston, I think there is one thing you may want to ask for, the achievement and IQ test smile You know to have it done and paid by school before you pull him out.

Indeed! laugh

I was planning to wait until the spring testing to request it (if the teacher didn't suggest it). I thought he might be reading my then, so we might get a truer read of his across-the-board capabilities. But I think I'm putting in the request for fall, just to be safe.

I still do want him to last the year if he can. It's 2.5 hours! Come on! But I will pull him if it seems unworkable for him. I'm starting to get my ducks in a row for talking to the teacher. It may have to happen sooner rather than later if I want to keep him in the class. Doggone it, anyway! cry

I think the worst part is that I wasn't really ready for all this. I just didn't see it coming. Less than a year ago, he could count, but that was it. How was I to know this was coming? *sigh*

It's not really so bad to homeschool two. Things are going better than I expected. It may have to do with the fact that I created quite bleak scenarios in my head. Things are not perfect but far from horrible. I've survived almost 2 weeks of homeschooling 2 children.

You give me hope. Thank you!

And not to scare you your DS5 reminds me of my mathy DS7 when he was his age. Simple algebraic equations are next wink

At least I am forewarned. I greatly prefer that to being taken completely off-guard! Thanks, as always. smile

P.S. I remember reading about you facing problems with DS8 having to do more work. I don't recall which thread I read it in. PM, I would like to hear more details and don't want to talk about it on the K thread.

I'll PM you. Thanks for asking. I want to hear more about your first 2 weeks, too...

Kriston