Jamie B - Well she made it through the play OK. After it was over, her teacher told the whole class that they did a good job and GD asked her, "Me too? Did I do a good job?" DD thought it was sad that she wasn't sure she was included in the praise.

Interestingly, we were invited to go to the kids rooms after the play and take pictures. DD noticed that teacher was getting stressed = wanting the parents to leave and repeatedly telling the kids to go sit at their tables. DD said teacher's body language was so tense and GD (like DD) picks up quickly on that type of thing and it stresses her out. We'll see what the rest of the day brings. DD thought it too bad that the teacher couldn't just "chill out" on a day like today for a few minutes and not be so worried about her schedule.

Jamie B - I'm not sure if it's better or worse that your DS doesn't get upset about much like missing the play. GD gets invested in everything and can't stand missing out on anything & her intensity gets her into some trouble. The other day we got a note that she cried loudly while her teacher was trying to read a story. Didn't make any sense until I asked her and found out that the story was almost over when she got back to the room (probably from office or restroom) and she "wanted to hear the whole story". I asked her if she thought the other kids wanted to hear the rest of the story and how did they feel at her crying loudly so they couldn't hear. She said - sad. I'm trying to get her to see how her actions affect others because she can be very empathetic.

What kind of testing did your DS have? Have you been told the results? I probably should go back through your posts and refresh my memory. Are they still doing some differentiating for him?