So, apparently DS5 has been crying uncontrollably at school in the mornings after he gets into his class. He leaves me happy and comes home happy- I felt like a complete schmuck when I got a not from his teacher today telling about this. He refuses to ever talk about his feelings, so I tried cuddled him a lot and tried to get him to open up, but eventually it just felt like prying since he was so close lipped.

I have no idea if he's sad because his work is boring (they're identifying letters and practiced identifying and writing 3 yesterday), if he's sad that DS7 is still homeschooling and we aren't here just pining away for him- we're out doing just what we've always done, or if he just honestly misses me and needs some time to adjust since he's never been away from home on a regular basis. So, overlooking the world's longest run-on sentence, any ideas on how to help him?

I don't want to over-react to the situation, it does seem fairly minor since he calms down after about 10 minutes, but my first thought is to just bring him home. Unfortunately, Mr. Stiff Upper Lip won't tell me how he feels about any of it- coming home, staying at school, being carried off by wild monkeys- *nothing*.