mom2twoboys - Thanks for caring. The return has been OK so far. She even got a "Fabulous" sticker yesterday (but a Careful the day before). But no calls to DD from the school and no Reds (office referral). Of course, the week is not yet half over.
DD had a meeting yesterday with the Play Therapist who has seen GD twice and now the PT wants to meet with me. She did give DD some suggestions & some "wordage" to use with the school to try to get GD some enrichment materials. She also said let the school psychologist observe her in class & the teacher's reactions to see if she can help. The PT says she sees no ADHD but GD is very active, wants to "do everything" etc. Her goal seems to get GD to the point she can handle things herself (including knowing when she's hungry & saying so before she melts down & facing all the things she currently is afraid of like skeletons & mushrooms in the grass). A good goal if we can accomplish it. I'll be interested to hear her thoughts myself. DD is also supposed to bring her back weekly for ??. If this really helps, it will be well worth it but it is very expensive. Only time will tell I guess.

Of course, she suggested GD would be better off in a private school where she could learn at her level, but DD said the $12,000 a year is not feasible.

BTW - I loved the yogurt/fractions story.