Yes, the Pre-K school psycholgist (part time consultant) said she did not bring any materials to test her past 3rd grade. She wanted to do more/different tests but said she was obviously "way up there" so the school did not want her do any more. DD insisted on academic testing since the psych. was assessing her. I think the teachers expected a diag. of ADHD or other disorder & didn't get it.

I have not read "5 levels of Giftedness" - I'll look into it. We really don't know her LOG. Sometimes I think she's just mildly gifted, other times highly gifted. Who knows? The school insists they have never had a child like GD but I think they are only referring to her emotional intensity. BTW, the principal saw her happy and excited the other day and was very surprised to see that from her. My DD said yes, she gets as happy and excited as she does sad and upset. Every emotion/action is at full tilt!

Unfortunately my DD has her own dance studio and teaches 2 mornings a week as well as having a lot of choreography, office work etc. to do during the day. She tries to spend all of her week-ends with GD unless there is a convention or competition (5x/yr). I also work there keeping the books. So homeschooling would fall on me right now and I have offered if necessary but GD loves the social aspect of school and that would be a last resort.

The psych. who assessed her last year worked with the Private Pre-K she was attending. The counselor I mentioned is at the elementary school. My DD is waiting to hear from the elementary psychologist to meet. The admin. made a big point of telling DD that the psych only works at their school (not sure that's a good thing). GD's aversion to boys is fairly recent - she's always had friends who were boys. The only thing GD is behind in (or at level) is writing. She does not like to write (perfectionist tendencies and fine motor skills are not great although getting better). I don't know how she would react even if they were willing to move her up in some subjects (which they won't consider).

I was reading another thread recently about Sensory Integration and OT's. Not sure if the condition applies to her, but I've wondered if some of the techniques would still help. DD is going to see what the "Play Therapist" says - anyone had experience with that?

I'll also look at the website you mentioned re parenting approach. I appreciate any and all suggestions and mostly the support.