m2gts: All that sounds great. So glad for you that the year is starting off with such promise.

We met teachers yesterday. All went remarkably better than I could have imagined. DS5's K teacher was brought down from 3rd grade. The classroom is kinda stark, with not a lot of toys for down time; and the books are things he's already read, but I'm sure that once he actually reads to her, she'll be able to pull from her stash of books that she had for her older students. And a staffer friend inside the school thinks highly of her. DS5 was extremely timid in the classroom and really everywhere except the library where I showed him where to find his favorite books and in DS7's second grade classroom (I'm fairly certain he wishes he were in 2nd grade and not K!) I did manage to hold my tongue when she showed him the letter box where they'll be learning their letter sounds. I figure she'll know soon enough that he's well beyond that!

To top all that off, DS7's teacher came from a highly gifted center in another state. Two of his best friends from last year are still in his class, and the bully he's afraid of is not. ... BIG sigh of relief