What a great idea!

JJsMom, thank you so much for starting this thread!!!

I am very worried about K for my DS5. (I have posted a bit on this before elsewhere) But I feel a lot better reading that other parents of Kers also have concerns. It is very nice to have the company.

We don't start till the last week of August.
DS was at a Montessori for 2.5 years that he enjoyed.
my concerns:
- PS K is such a short day, 3 hours. how do they have time to really get into an activity? I am hoping it won't be a waste of time since he will know most of what they are teaching already. The other reason I am concerned about the short day is that he is used to having more to do. Since I work full time I am worried about him being in a lame afterschool program for the bulk of his day. He's been in good (nurturing, self-directed, mixed age) full day preschools since he was 2.
- haven't tested so don't know LOG, but I am guessing MG. That could work in our favor IF we get a teacher that is a good fit.
OR
- he could wind up as the bored, class clown.
eek (we went on a tour at a preschool where he and the teacher were immediately butting heads)
- we are on the waiting list for a smaller charter school that has a more flexible (hopefully) approach than the traditional PS. DOn't know if we'll get in or if that will even be a good fit.

I am having a hard time waiting to know about placement etc. ... We might not know until school starts. crazy

Last edited by EastnWest; 07/29/09 11:00 AM. Reason: clarification