Yikes Kriston! That scares the heck out of me with DS too! Thankfully it hasn't happened - yet!

And mom2twoboys - at meet and greet, with the teacher, when we were leaving, I did mention DS5.5's abilities. I worded it similar to this:

I just wanted to let you know that DS5.5 is reading, probably at about a 3rd grade level. He's also doing simple math (I left it at simple math b/c his strength is reading). And if you ever have an issue with his behavior, it's either due to one of two things. He's either bored or hungry. He's been that way since he was a baby.

She was excited and thanked me for letting her know. I picked him up the first day and she said she could tell already he's smart.

Then after the first week, I sent her an email letting her know that I know the first week is all about procedures and rules, and that now the focus will be determining how far along each child in her class is. And that I wanted to make sure she knew we were available for any questions or concerns and recommendations to keep him challenged throughout the year, as he has mastered the basics several years ago (i.e., recognizing letters, writing them, etc). I didn't go into too much detail until she responded with wanting to talk to me. She called me and asked me if I was interested in having him tested for whole grade acceleration, and she explained the process, and it was then that I explained his abilities, stuff he will work on me with, stuff he won't... his learning style and his need for a very structured challenging environment, etc...

So I would definitely give the basic information, and let the teacher know that you only offer it as assistance to her rather than telling her what she needs to do with your DS - if that makes sense... more of an fyi, he's here, and we want you to let us know what we can do to help you with him.