hey all
wanted to chime in my support for everyone and report that my DD loved her first day of kindergarden. In her normal style, she did do some critiquing but it was mild and the positives were huge- buying own lunch, having older kids say hello to her in teh hall, the bus, etc..

we are wondering when the honeymoon will be over and if its a good place for her long term. Not sure if i've ever described her this way on the board, but she seems most advanced socially and experientially (not sure if thats the right word). She loves to experience things that older kids would, but in a totally non-academic way. She is not interested at all in academics at this point, only reads a little, and will only do a few math problems before she is bored stiff. But she loathes doing the same songs, holidays, seasons, etc..that has basically been the preschool curriculum since she was 2. And i know she's in for lots of the same in kindergarden...

So if she is unhappy, i think acceleration would be a very tough sell. So keeping fingers crossed!!!

irene