Renie:

Glad to hear DD likes school. How sad that her teacher isn't encouraging her more. Just this morning I encountered a similar scenario with DS5 about books at the school's library. He, apparently, has been wanting to bring home a dinosaur book but the librarian hasn't put any out on the table from which kindergartners are allowed to choose. I told him to ask her directly if he could pick out a dinosaur book. If that doesn't work, I'm going to go talk with her. Thankfully, I've been in the school so much for the past couple of years that I know her and I doubt it will be a problem. Maybe you can talk directly to the librarian and explain that your daughter really loves Junie B and Katie Kazoo and could she be pointed to those areas of the library?

In terms of e-mailing, I'd probably e-mail/call the friend's parents and explain that your daughter's really excited to write letters via e-mail to her friend. I bet at least some parents would be willing to sit with their kids and type responses back that the kids dictate.

Last edited by mom2twoboys; 10/27/09 06:51 AM.